Originally Posted by Rey
I know my mock is going to be a little wacky and people won't agree with where I have some guys slotted or who I actually pick but really I'm just trying to feel the class out. Haven't even watched everyone. I want to move Cush outside too Also I'm trading down in the second to pick up extra picks.
1) jadaveon clowney, olb
At the top of the draft I like physical freaks with production and football skills. Clowney fits the bill. Plus we need an edge rush.
2) lamarcus Joyner, FS/DB
3) Kyle fuller, CB
3) yawin smallwood, ilb
4) Daniel McCullers, NT (6'6" 351 lbs)
4) de'anthony Thomas, RB/Kr
5) juwuan James, OT
6) Chris Borland, ilb
7) colt lyerla
1. Clowney, I would immediately go to a 4-3
2.Joyner, small but a playmaker
3. Smallwood, if your moving Cushing to OLB in 4-3 then give me another hardnosed LB like Skov.
3. Fuller, Major upgrade over the McCain Harris crap they are currently running out there. Could be the replacement for JoJo in 2015.
4. McCullers, the anchor of the 4-3
4. Thomas- If you want James you need to take him here
5. James- Give me Micheal Dyer, if your going to go Jimmy Johnson and take Lyerla go full Jimmy and take the best RB in the draft. (Dyer)
6. Borland- love hardnosed ILB's, this guy could turn into a starter, at worst he will upgrade the putrid ST's.
7.Lyerla- on talent this guy is a 1-2nd rd pick. Now your building my kinda team. If he cant stay off of the blow cut him. If stays of off it you have a better version of OD.
I like this draft if Rick/Gary/Wade aren't back, The thought of Watt/McCullers/Mitchell/Clowney on the front 4 and Cushing/Skov/Mercilus or Reed at LB means this defense could be as good as Carolina's. Adding playmakers like Joyner and Fuller are major secondary upgrades. The team speed would be much improved. Speed has been sorely lacking on the Texans for yrs. Would you cut Manning or let him take Joyner under his wing?