View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #306
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Really? They didn't cut anyone contributing to the team, at all... I don't see any zero tolerance philosophy from that...

As a Cowboy fan in the Jimmy Johnson era- Jimmy gave a lot of rope to quality players (which has been well documented). However, when a mediocre player or non-essential player screwed up, he dumped him immediately.

The Texans clearly have a different talent acquisition policy than that Cowboy team did (prioritizing character more highly). However, I don't see any sign that they are less tolerant or more reactionary to players on the team. Maybe his comments were an excuse to cut dead weight... But, dead weight is dead weight. They tolerated Dunta Robinson until he was utterly worthless. They have handled Antonio Smith throughout the five years of his contract. Pollard was vocal as well and the Texans didn't cut him during a season and only let him go after his atrocious on field performance throughout 2010.
You're right about the Jimmy era. He put up with players drug/alcohol/prostitue fun loving ways. As long as the team performed on Sunday's. With Jimmy winning always came 1st. Jimmy told his 1st wife that he was all football 24/7 and if she couldn't handle that then she needed to leave. That's what I call comittment to winning. Could you see Rick/Gary making that kind of comittment? Guess what Belichick/Payton/Harbaughs etc... have that 24/7 kind of comittment.

As far as cutting Reed, tell that to Jameel Cook/ Winston/the 3 rookies rookies that got cut/anybody that dared to speak out against Marciano etc....

Reed came from a winning org, he knows what it takes to win at the highest level. A level Texan fans can only dream about the team achieving. Tell me what was untrue about what Reed said.

Meanwhile, Coach Joe and Fat Randy despite doing more to ruin the Texans season than Reed ever could have, still are employed by the Texans.

Reed was just telling the fans what they should already kow, I've played for winning orgs/coaches and the Texans org/coaches are losers.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote