View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #296
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2474 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Putting aside the racism allegation, there are cap reasons you are missing. Jefferson, Wood & Montgomery were not vested veterans so they were owed no further salary plus they were being cut for misconduct. Reed will still get his base money but not the $62.5k per game on top (almost $500k). There is no savings in cutting Schaub, Kubiak or Marciano on top of the fact there is no reason to make a mid-season coaching change.
Allegedly misconduct... why hasn't that story came back up? Was it ever confirmed or not if it was weed or not? Dobbins was cut for what reason not being a good boy showing up to OTA's? Reed was cut for telling reporters the flat out truth. I wanted the team to hide behind the salary reason because it made sense to do so and it makes me feel better. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if the only person that gets fired at the end of the year is the special teams coach. Then a lot of people on this board will be saying darn that cstyle42 dude is crazy but he was on to something. Watch Bob will feel sorry for Kubiak and understand. Schaub will be gone because he just has nothing to offer embarrassed himself and the city otherwise he would have got another chance.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote