View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #318
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 946 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The fact that people in this thread alone disagree on which QB is rated the highest should mean that there's no sure-fire franchise QB in this class.

Sounds to me like rolling the dice if one wants to go all-in for a QB.
Pretty much, just like last draft a lot of great college QBs that may not have what it takes in the NFL.

Personally, I think the safe and smart bet would be to trade the Texans first round pick for another team's that might be lower plus more 1st or 2nd round picks. As nice as this QB class is looking, we all know big name guys in College football right now will fall a round or two based off slip ups in the combine and just the normal GMs trying to outsmart themselves.

Personally, I'd grab someone that can take the place of one of the departing starters like Wade Smith or maybe Antonio Smith (who I hope we retain) and then pick up one of the fallen QBs later in the round or in the second.

The fact is the best QBs right now are all undersized, might as well get legit needs handled first so that if we can have our new QB surrounded with talent that can help him succeed sooner rather then later.
Naija Texan is offline   Reply With Quote