View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #135
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Herv, that all sounds good, and I agree with what you want to happen, but, you seem to be assuming a lot that may not be there. McNair has shown via his actions where his priorities lie. He wants a team where everyone is nice and gets along. Nothing wrong with that, necessarily; I just think it's unrealistic sometimes when it comes to sports.

McNair wants a team like the Packers or Steelers, that can win with nice people running it. And, unfortunately, I think he's going to hold out until he gets it.

I held out massive hope in 2010 that we would see a coaching change. That was the perfect scenario. Instead, our coach got an extension. This time I'm preparing myself that we will have the same coach for many more years.
I don't know. It's not just what I want to happen. It's actually what I think will happen. I think McNair has his limit and I think he's got to feel a little bit like a chump right now. He was genuinely confident that the Texans were going to perform this year and his team left him hanging out there looking a bit like a fool for thinking that they were going to make some real noise this year.

I don't think he's been the one pushing for changes. I think his "underlings" are desperately trying to rearrange the deck chairs because they sense something. They've never been this "reactive" in all the time Kubiak has been here. Maybe that one year when Richard Smith released the hounds and saved the season (if you can call 8-8 "saved") back in 2007 (or was it 2008? I don't remember) That should tell us something too.

I think he'll take the opportunity to clean house. I really do.