Thread: 1st 2014 mock
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #6
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st 2014 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I know my mock is going to be a little wacky and people won't agree with where I have some guys slotted or who I actually pick but really I'm just trying to feel the class out. Haven't even watched everyone. I want to move Cush outside too Also I'm trading down in the second to pick up extra picks.

1) jadaveon clowney, olb

At the top of the draft I like physical freaks with production and football skills. Clowney fits the bill. Plus we need an edge rush.

2) lamarcus Joyner, FS/DB

3) Kyle fuller, CB

3) yawin smallwood, ilb

4) Daniel McCullers, NT (6'6" 351 lbs)

4) de'anthony Thomas, RB/Kr

5) juwuan James, OT

6) Chris Borland, ilb

7) colt lyerla
Despite the negativity since the season started, Clowney is still the best guy in the draft from a pure talent perspective.

Joyner is a badass, but his size will really hurt his draft stock. You may be able to get away with playing him as a FS like Arizona does with Mathieu. He would be an upgrade over McCain in the slot either way.

Fuller and Smallwood are both awesome. Love the picks, but both will probably be gone in the 2nd round.

McCullers doesn't fit the scheme Wade plays. I know everyone on the board wants a guy like him, but I don't see the point in mocking it or getting your hopes up until Wade decides to change things.

Thomas will probably return for his senior year because he's been a disappointment this year. He has only hurt his stock this year by proving he's not durable.

James is a good sleeper pick at OT. He has had his struggles this year but he has talent.

Borland is a beast.

I want nothing to do with Lyerla. He's a trainwreck waiting to happen. That said, I will never knock a late round flyer on a guy with that kind of talent.

Good stuff. Agree with the direction you went with multiple picks at LB and in the secondary.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote