View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #257
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Its sad to say the lasting image I will have of Ed Reed's time with the Texans is this:

Technically, he has done his job here. The back gets no additional yardage.

This move just shows the ineptitude of our FO. I argued hard for Quin to stay and said that it would require two guys to replace him. Someone to play the normal starting safety position and someone to play the in the box nickel type position that he played on this ridiculous defensive scheme that Wade runs. We decided to run Keo out there for the majority of the season, with some snaps from Reed mixed in. Just as he is getting back into playing shape, he gets cut? Atleast we got lucky with Swearinger so we can atleast say that we half replaced Quin.

Why do you sign a player that is injured, then cut him as soon as he starts to get healthy? Why do you spout off about how his veteran presence will be a plus but then release him as soon as he starts speaking up? He's right, the coaches are getting out coached and clearly need someone to tell them that they aren't doing what needs to be done. Too bad that came from a player and not someone higher up within the organization.

I'm done with this FO. Stupid decisions this year have done it for me. Drafting Montgomery, who had clear red flags, then cutting him before the mid-season mark? There goes that 3rd or 4th rounder, whatever it was. Cutting Chris Jones, who is then picked up and cut by one of only 4 teams that are worse than us, then promptly picked up by a winning organization. That goes to show that we are closer to the Bucs than we are the Pats. There goes that 6th rounder. Not placing an importance on Quin, who a blind person could see was hugely important in this ridiculous all or nothing man scheme that we trot out every week? Allowing this sorry excuse for a kicker to continue putting together one of the worst kicking performances I have ever seen in a season? Keeping Matt Schaub as a starter when it was clear that he couldn't stop throwing it to the defense or throw it 40 yards. Thinking McCain could ever be a serviceable nickel when he was getting manhandled 2 seasons ago. Not upgrading our special teams with a coach that actually had a track record of success. Getting rid of a good kick returner so we could give the job to ... Martin?? Going into the season with Newton, a ****ty 7th rounder, and an injured rookie at right tackle? Not upgrading inside linebacker when we saw the importance of that last season?

/rant

Off with their heads!
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote