View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #248
Steal Your Face
Rookie

Section: 119
Rep Power: 857 Steal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Do you honestly believe the term "outplayed and outcoached" during a 7 game losing streak is "airing the team's dirty laundry"?

It's not like Reed named names or specifically pointed out certain players or coaches. Unless there is an interview or tweet that I have not heard about, this is as generic as it gets.

I've heard the term "outplayed and outcoached" for decades. I would not be surprised if it's a term he used as a Raven at some point in the past decade.

And yeah, it is a form of leadership, and Ed being Ed is exactly who they bought. Just because his leadership is not the style they desire during a historic franchise meltdown doesn't mean that it's not a form of leadership.
I was a big Ed Reed fan before he got here - but I think he should have kept it "in house".

It's all about timing. In week 2 or 4, his comments would not really be a big deal. But after 7 losses in a row, after the HC has had a TIA and is convalescing at home and the team is being coached by the coordinators, after he has not only played poorly but did so after missing all of training camp and the first two games with an injury that he should have disclosed, after all that happened this year, those comments were very counterproductive.

He said more than just "outplayed and out coached" he rambled on about doing the same thing over and over again the same way. I don't think he was wrong ... I just think what he said was all about Ed Reed not about trying to help the Texans.
Steal Your Face is offline   Reply With Quote