View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #242
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
You gonna relate real life to this event only or across the board?

Besides the fact that these guys jobs are nothing like the real world, let's look at other individuāl scenarios.

Practice fights. You have a disagreement in the office so you and a coWorker come to blows. Happens all the time in football.

Your boss reviewing your work and saying you gave a ****ing ****ty effort. Happens all he time in foitball.

You do well at work and your boss slaps your ass. No?

You do a better job than your competition and tell them "you can't ****ing see me bro!!!!" "Get your weak ass outta here".

Do you taunt your competition by saying: "I saw your sister in the stands...I'm going to **** her brains out later...well her or your fine ass mom...haven't decided" ????

The thing is, football isn't like most jobs. It's pretty unique all things considered and most comparisons to regular jobs fall flat.
This isn't the overgrown Mom and Pops businesses of yester year. football is big business and such is being pounded not so gently into a high paid, but just like your job career.

-See current bully case
-See Head trauma law cases
-See access to nearly every aspect of the game
-See players having to play corporate face men in public comments

Owners wanting billions and players wanting millions can't make the sports out to be some semi-secret fraternity, where men have the license to be glorified too old frat boys. Those days are long gone.

The reason some the stories we have are stories is because these guys are being analyzed and expected to behave like normal adults except of course for three hours or so on Sunday. Not even arguing that it is good for the sport so much, just looking at what's happening versus what "ideal" that people sort wax poetic about.