View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #132
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Has McNair ever had genuine expectations before where the Texans performance was concerned? I ask this because in the past he's always been such a patient, "warm and fuzzy" kind of owner but the team is only what? 12 years old?

When McNair started this he knew nothing. All he knew was that it was going to take them a long, long time to build a winning franchise. Maybe even 4-5 years. He did 4-12, he did 5-11, and he did 7-9. The whole time he was supportive and patient and methodical. Then 2-14 happened and heads rolled. None of it was done in the press and it all seemed to take so very, very long back then. I remember the Capers/Casserly "purge" taking place in slow motion after the 2005 season but the heads started rolling with Palmer after what? Two weeks?.

Who fires their OC after two weeks?

The whole year Bob said the right things and got Dan Reeves to come in and be his independent football advisor and when it was all done he flushed the staff (with the exception of Marciano) and hired Gary.

Gary begat Rick and we started this process all over. Bob McNair has had the patience of a Saint in the years since. If he's got any ink then "Slow and Steady Wins the Race" must be scrolled across his back in big letters. He gave Capers 4 years. He's given Kubiak 8. He's had one real meltdown (6-10) in that time and taken matters into his own hands one (Wade Phillips hiring) that we know of.

Now 2013 happens and Uncle Bob is talking Super Bowl or Bust in the preseason. he's got Ed Reed bringing the wisdom and all of his best players are contracted up and healthy. Preseason looks like things are going to be a slam dunk and then then we come out and pull an (admittedly ugly) 2-0 start.

Since then it's been losses, bad records, injuries, inexplicable decisions from his coaching staff, and terrible play from people who were not just expected to play well but who were certain to play well. More contracts given out to guys who went down with injuries or just mailed it in after getting "theirs".

Every man has his limit.

First we see Schaub left on the bench for Keenum, then we see a bunch of rookies sent packing before the KC game. Now we got Ed Reed being given his walking papers by a team that never admitted a mistake it could possibly get away with pretending never happened while someone is telling reporters that the front office is upset with the coaches?

We always assume that Uncle Bob is this guy who's so different from Jerry Jones or Bud Adams. We've watched his team for 12 years as he didn't meddle or apply too much pressure on anyone to do anything. he just sat there with that silly smile on his face waiting to get his Lombardi Trophy.

I think McNair is about to "Hulk Out". I think he's fixing to start firing coaches like a big dog. He's not getting what he paid for and he'll bust it all up after this season whether the Texans turn it around or not. Too much has gone wrong for McNair to continue to hold the rope. We're getting a new coach after this season is over. I'm sure of it.