View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #303
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I agree you dont just play the odds. All the QB's you mention were selected because teams evaluated them and judged their value in the top 10 of their draft class. Gabbert, Carr and Harrington werent the only QBs left on the board. They were judged to be top signal callers and worthy of a top 10 pick.

Obviously if you dont feel that the QB prospect is a top signal caller and have another position player rated higher you can go with that. But with a top 5 pick (and Bridgewater, Mariota, Hundley potentially coming out) we would virtually be a lock for a highly rated signal caller. And it wouldnt be out of the question to move up a couple of spots to land your guy.
We obviously evaluate this group of QB's differently .... at this point in time.

Of those you listed , Bridgewater is the only one I take with a first round pick (this year).
Mariota looks to me to be a system QB and probably the best athlete on the field in any given game - that doesn't make him a good QB.

Hundley is probably two years away from being close to NFL ready. He's a project.

I'd rather go with Murray in the second or McCarron in the 3rd than either Mariota or Hundley , might even take Boyd and Manziel over them as well.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote