View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #295
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Why? Because we need a franchise QB. In this league you live and die by the QB and I want the best. As far as Newton and Smith are concerned you can get right tackles and left guards in other rounds or free agency. The same goes for a RB, especially in today's NFL. Franchise signal callers are what its all about. They make the bus go. Just look at what Schaub did to us this season.

The first round is where you have the best shot at getting a franchise QB. That should be pretty apparent.
I'm not against taking a QB - don't get me wrong .... I just don't see any real franchise QB's in this draft. Every one of them is a huge gamble tho some greater than others.

I do want to see Keenum finish the season before we make the decision we have to draft a QB .... he's played pretty damn well so far despite unfavorable conditions - no running game and a sh!t OL.

Also filling those holes at LG & RT via FA .... will cost premium $$$$.

Lets at least get to the end of the season before we finalize our evaluations of the QB spot - its a near complete unknown , those other spots (LG , RT , ILB , NT) aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
What happens if we end up with the first pick? Worst case scenario. We are only one game ahead of Tampa and the Jags.

Do you pull the trigger on Teddy Bridgewater or no?
Tough question .... one I wouldn't want to make just yet.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote