View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #104
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Players shouldn't come out and blast the coaches or other players - especially when their coach already deflects the vast majority of the blame on himself to begin with. Its on me Matt threw a pick 6 4 weeks in a row , Its on me Ed Reed cant tackle. Its on me Hopkins fumbled in the red zone.

Blaming others doesn't solve anything. Throwing it out there for the media to kick around doesn't do anyone any favors either.

You keep your troubles in house .... got a problem take it to the coach , not the media.
Somebody had to say it. What do we have to lose this year? Honestly, this is the best thing Ed Reed could do for this team because it helps chip away at Kubiak's sterling image in that organization. This team is going nowhere with this front office and coaching, we need more implosions like this to get the ball rolling to axe these guys. I hope someone like Antonio Smith echoes the same sentiment in the future.

The leadership on this team has consistently shown us a lack of accountability for players' performance, and Kubiak especially has shown a stubbornness to make the appropriate changes to put this team in a better position. I don't care how many times Kubiak says "it's on me", that doesn't help this team win. I want a coach who is willing to pull starters who suck, I want a coach who gets in the player's faces when they mess up, I want a coach who is willing to change his game plan (scripted or otherwise), when it is clearly not working. Find me a coach who demands excellence from his players every single week, because I don't think we have that now, on either side of the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I thought it was a horrible signing when we brought him in and have no problem with seeing him gone. It's the matter in which it went about that gets me. The FO is basically telling players that they can suck as long as they toe the company line.
^ this.