View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #80
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
A couple things beyond the frustration of a gamble that really, really did not payoff this off-season:

1. They are getting him off the books now- instead of taking the hit next season, which is great.

2. This should also have a positive impact on the compensatory draft pick formula... Performance impacts the equation somehow. And, I'm sure being cut and only starting a couple games will lessen his value when the picks are rewarded to the Texans for the signings of: Barwin, Casey, Quin, Ball, Forsett, .

It's the best move the Texans could have made at this point... I'm glad they are willing to admit a mistake this quickly, at least- instead of keeping him around and attempting to justify it or hide it.
LOL at number 1
On number 2 - I don't think you get compensation if you cut someone

On your last point. Keo beat him out. That was embarrassing enough. I don't see any good spin here...but I gotta hand it to you and those sunshine pumpers.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote