View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013   #286
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Throw in another vote for Manziel, but that's me.

As much as it pains me to say it, LSU's sole sack came from an unblocked defender on a naked boot. McCarron also attempted only four passes greater than 20 yards but completed none of them; in addition, the only third down they completed (when put in that position) that was longer than 3rd-and-4 was a 3rd-and-8 with a penalty.

I think McCarron gets way too much credit for not losing games on a team that plays safe football and is stacked with talent. Maybe he'll turn into Tom Brady but nothing tells me he should be taken higher than, say, Murray.

Another interesting stat from Saturday's game? Lamin Barrow, an LSU linebacker, had 11 tackles during the game but only three were solo. Mosley had 12, of which 7 were solo.
On average teams don't throw deep much more than that. And the decision to go deep is not really McCarron's call. That call is Saban and the OC who are conservative by nature. LSU did bring pressure (more than base) often and Bama's biggest pass plays came as a result of McCarron decsion and playmaking vs LSU's blitz (5 or more).
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote