View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013   #265
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
All I know is every time I watch him I'm stunned at his play making ability. He's Fran Tarkington reborn. He tore up Alabamas defense. That's impressive! They are loaded with nfl talent. Of course it all depends on who the coach is and what type of system they plan on running.

Could you imagine if we brought in art briles and drafted manzel? Pick up a good RT in the second or third and use the rest if the draft on defense.

I think Case has done a really good job considering the circumstances. But in no way am I ready to hand him The reigns to the team just yet. I know he's been in tough situations but he's had opportunities to lead us to wins and hasn't come through. A true franchise QB will find a way to win those games. He has 7 more games to show he can be the guy. I'm pulling for him but I'm being very cautious of fools gold. The QB position is too important. I don't want a really good QB. I want a great QB.

Obviously the draft is a gamble but you have to bet to win. Until Case or someone steps up and shows he can carry the team on his back to victories then we should be doing what ever it takes to keep bringing in talent at that position.
I'm not ready to hand Case the reins yet either .... yes , he's had opportunities to win games and come up short but .... his OL has probably been just as big a part of those failures as anything he's done.

I'm still in a wait and see mode with the QB position ... I am not in that same mode when it comes to RT or LG , tho I believe Quessenberry can come in and fill the LG spot adequately next season. There is no NFL quality RT on this roster.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote