View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013   #262
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I realize that .... but from what I've seen on the field , none of these guy's are an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning coming out of college.

I think each one has flaws , and I'm ... all over the place in evaluation of them on a week to week basis just as they are in their performances.

The most consistent performer of them to me is .... Manziel but how does his game translate to an NFL field ?? I don't think I've seen him take a snap from under center all season not to mention his size.
All I know is every time I watch him I'm stunned at his play making ability. He's Fran Tarkington reborn. He tore up Alabamas defense. That's impressive! They are loaded with nfl talent. Of course it all depends on who the coach is and what type of system they plan on running.

Could you imagine if we brought in art briles and drafted manzel? Pick up a good RT in the second or third and use the rest if the draft on defense.

I think Case has done a really good job considering the circumstances. But in no way am I ready to hand him The reigns to the team just yet. I know he's been in tough situations but he's had opportunities to lead us to wins and hasn't come through. A true franchise QB will find a way to win those games. He has 7 more games to show he can be the guy. I'm pulling for him but I'm being very cautious of fools gold. The QB position is too important. I don't want a really good QB. I want a great QB.

Obviously the draft is a gamble but you have to bet to win. Until Case or someone steps up and shows he can carry the team on his back to victories then we should be doing what ever it takes to keep bringing in talent at that position.