View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013   #97
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
Winston of 2011 was not all that grand.

We cut him because he was overpaid. He signed with KC, and was ousted after one season. His career is coming to an end.

Cutting Winston was one thing I completely agreed with, but I thought Smithiak would address the position appropriately (aka not derek newton)
I've said repeatedly that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of Winston. That's not the point. The plan for replacing him sucked. They thought they could replace a guy that started every game in his Texans career with a 7th round draft pick and/or the guy behind him that never did unseat him from the job (Butler).

The best part is you see it at lots of positions. What was their replacement plan for Ryans? Trade him away and then what? It's like the underwear gnomes episode of South Park. They haven't got that middle step down. Here's another one - they know damn good and well when Tate's contract is up, so what's their replacement plan for him? They've either painted themselves into a corner to where they have to re-sign him, or they rely on UDFAs to replace a guy they saw fit to spend a 2nd rounder on. That's cost benefit analysis at its finest. When they do have a plan, it's Ed Reed to replace Glover Quin LOL.

They always seem to draft OLBs and TEs, so they definitely have a plan there. The players may or may not pan out, but at least they seem to have a plan. Elsewhere, not so much.