I never thought I'd type that record. I have hoped for improvement @ RT & have defended Newton, but no more. Like someone said on radio today, we should draft 6 offensive linemen to replace all the linemen who are so offensive. This mock is with us picking #5 and hoping we can win enough to remain that high. Also, based on DutchRudder's opinion on comps (two extra fives and 75% chance of a seventh).
1. OT Jake Matthews: starts at RT day one and eventual replacement for DB. I might be okay with a trade down but the offer would have to be huge.
2. ILB Yawin Smallwood: 6'3" 236 Connecticutt intelligent hard hitter who can cover, tackling machine (89 now & 120 last season with 50% solo). Like him better than Jones and AJ Johnson.
3. NT: Ryan Carrethers 6'2 330 66 T 3.5 sacks
4. CB/S: Ahmad Dixon 6' 205 4.39 can play corner or SS replaces McCain
5 a. Safety Marqueston Huff 5'11 195 played CB three season before moving to safety '13 replaces Manning.
b. DE: Kareem Martin North Carolina 6'5 265 is a gamble here that I might change as I focus more on him. He's back on my radar as seemingly gotten back in his 2012 groove. I see him behind Mitchell who replaces Ninja. Also like to see him at OLB a few times due to his quick first step. NFL strength program makes him even better. Trevardo Williams is back.
c. WR: L'Damian Washington 6'4 205 4.39 Missouri 36/680 (19 avg) 9TDs
Replaces either Martin or Jean depending on rest of our schedule. Big, fast, good hands.
6. QB: Tom Savage 6'4 230 Pitt who upset Notre Dame. I am not as up to date as I should be as I knew he had sat out 2 years and did not research why until Keenum took off & I begin looking for another "project". This kid is good but needs an Oline (sigh don't we all?). http://espn.go.com/college-football/...burgh-panthers
2013 stats in a pro style O: 155/254 61% 2,022 (8 avg) 16 TDs 6 INTs
7 a. RB: George Atkinson III (yeah his son) N.D. 6'1 220 4.38 (ran a 10.36 100 m in 2012) 83/512 avg 6.2 can be KR and maybe WR.
b. CB: Phillips Gaines Rice 6' 185 4.5 2013: 25 Ts 3 INTs 2012: 18 pass breakups (2nd nationally)