View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coaching candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
Clear a couple things up first:

Shaw won't be leaving Stanford.
Lovie Smith is not a good coach
Gruden isn't leaving MNF

Now, some other prospects mentioned:

Tony Dungy may be the most overrated coach in NFL history (Anyone could have done what he did with Peyton. In fact, a really good coach would have won many more titles). Just see what Jim Caldwell did with Peyton (14-2) and without.

Rex Ryan isn't getting fired by the Jets - he has done a phenomenal job this year. He's weird, but I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Tony Dungy also built the defense that Gruden won his SB with...I feel safe in assuming he has an eye for defensive talent..especially when you consider how good his defenses were in Indy.

I'd like to see David Shaw or Obrien from Penn State...