View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013   #2153
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coaching candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
Clear a couple things up first:

Shaw won't be leaving Stanford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
Keep Wade - Defense has been fine. Offense has been putting them in a horrible spot, not to mention injuries.

New OC - Im not totally opposed to keeping Kubiak as OC (altho i don't think he would accept that). Perhaps if his health issues force him to coach from the booth, it would be a seamless transition. The gap in play calling between Rick Dennison and Kubiak is apparent. And Gary has always been a good offensive mind - he struggles as a head coach, however.
I'll believe that Shaw isn't leaving Stanford when he says, "No I don't want your $7 million a year to be your Head Coach"

A new HC has to have the autonomy to hire who he wants for his coaching staff.