View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013   #79
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That's exactly what I thought. For this organization this is how something like this begins. The only leaks the Texans ever have are intentional, planned leaks. I almost feel like I did the week Chris Palmer got sent packing. It's like the frustration is finally getting to the guys who make decisions.
It does have that 2005 feel to it...with the exception that the Texans are still making new records. Of course, it's a rather dubious one this time: first time the franchise has lost 7 games in a row.

It's obvious what needs to be done. What we are seeing with leaks like this is the first tremors of plate tectonics shifting on Kirby. McNair is not going to reveal his hand, but as Texans fans from the beginning, we can sense it. It's in the air, on the wire, and unless they do something squirrelly like win the next 7 games, BIG changes should be coming in 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I hope McNair's first move is to ditch him, and then the whole staff.

At a time when the head coach is unhealthy, and a FO source comes after the interim coach with defensive criticism, it shows there is little integrity or control in the FO.
yep. In the immortal words of the late, great Frank Zappa: "Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

As shocking as the 2013 season is for us fans, I can only imagine what McNair must be thinking right now. He's probably past stage one of grief, denial and isolation. Now he's in stage two: anger. Letting this little nugget of info out is a shot across the bow of Kubiak's ship.

Now on to stage three: bargaining!