View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013   #1551
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
This is just silly....according to what alot of Keenum supporters were saying reading the defense was a strong suit of Keenum's skill....afterall, he did it alot at Uof H... I thought that his mobility & him extending plays with his feet was what was going to prevent him from getting sacked too much? This type of simplified analysis of the position (& has been going on) is why fans often get fooled into thinking a guy is the real deal when he's not.

Nothing Keenum saw yesterday was any worse than what Schaub saw against Tennessee or SD this year. Sure he didn't throw any picks, but lets be real here, we know he should've had at least 2..he was lucky in that regard...

pressure & blitzing bothers every single qb in the league...especially pressure coming up the middle right in your face. Only the elite can handle it consistently well. so it's no surprise that Keenum has struggled with being blitzed & pressured. Why schaub continues to be singled-out here for his inability to handle it consistently is beyond me.

You guys....
I think what kills Keenum right now is the one thing Schaub seems to have that Case doesn't. Experience.

You only get it one way and that can sometimes be ugly. If the game doesn't appear to slow down for him by the end of the year I think we may still be looking for a QB. We have 7 more games for him to learn to settle down and handle the pressure better. One thing was all know whether we're Keenum fans or not is that once teams realize you can't handle the pressure they're going to bring you all of it they can manage.

After he plays the rest of the season we'll be able to make a fair assessment of what we're seeing in Case Keenum.

Whether we will actually do it or not remains to be seen.