View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013   #1546
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

It's not that i want to see Schaub come back in & start b/c i dont....he's done for sure. i just find it funny how people are pointing to Keenum's stats like "see, i told you he's good" even though we still only play 1/2 of a game.

When folks tried to point towards stats with Schaub it was "well, this is a qb friendly system..." or "Kubiak/AJ/Foster are making him look good.." etc. etc.

I'm also finding it funny how every excuse in the book is coming out in defense of Keenum but you couldn't get anyone on this board to consider all that stuff for Schaub. I told people when all this started, most times, guys don't fall over the hill right before your eyes like Schaub did this season....there's more to it than just Schaub's poor play.....Now since Case has been starting it's more on:

-the o-line
-the coaching
-the defense
-the special teams

The reality of it is, Schaub had to deal with all of that too & he likely felt pressure to try to do more than he was capable of at times. & 10 year vet or not, no qb can function under siege like our qb's have had to for basically 2 years now. You add in the awful coaching & outdated scheme & you get "business as usual" in terms of this team's success record wise & terrible 2nd halves.

I say all this to say that you can't have it both ways. Yes, Case isn't turning the ball over in epic fashion like Schaub was towards the end, but he's yet to show that he can overcome the same set of circumstances that ultimately contributed to the demise of Schaub.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote