View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013   #37
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If you were JJ Watt, would you stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
This is such a nice little pity party I hesitate to crash it but anyone who thinks we are letting the best defensive player in football go is crazy. He will be franchised until the end of time or he will sign a long-term deal. His agent is not an idiot, JJ likes the city and his first two years here we won the AFC South. So the ceiling came crashing down on this coaching staff/previous QB, we still have an excellent owner and I would bet JJ is locked up well before we even know if the next regime is worth a lick. This isn't the NBA people, players don't team up like the Miami Heat.
Are you drunk?

Franchised until the end of time? What does that even mean?

If his agent is smart, he's telling JJ, right this minute, to start thinking about other teams.

JJ likes the city. So what? There's a lot of cities to like.

He will get paid regardless.

As I have said: Bob McNair will have to chose between Kubiak and JJ. Personally, I'd chose JJ and let Kubiak walk; but, indications are that we're stuck with Kubiak for many years to come, so, I wish JJ luck and I will follow him and wish him well.

JJ Watt has an agent, managers, a marketing team and friends and family all telling him that, with his national endorsements, he can go anywhere, get paid, and STILL win a Super Bowl.

He does not have to stay in Houston to be liked.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote