View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013   #168
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster (season ending back surgery)

Arian Foster's contract holds dead cap $:

2014 - 7.5mil
2015 - 5mil

I think he's cut after the season. No sense in holding onto the contract when it can come off the books in 2015 (coincidentally when we have to resign Watt to a MEGA contract). A 28 y/o rb coming off a ton of usage + back surgery does not bode well for his look.

Texans need to get our cap in order, and I think we can be competitive next season while shedding a few of our big $ contracts, such as:

Arian Foster
Matt Schaub (3.5mil for '14, 7mil for '15)
Owen Daniels
Antonio Smith
Ed Reed
Danieal Manning

Hell, I would include Jonathan Joseph if I knew what his contract looked like, but it's been restructured so many damn times (thanks rick) it's a bit hazy.