View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013   #44
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 946 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
are they saying they keep them on the field too long after their production falls off... or are they saying they just keep them on the field too long?

Because there was plenty of times last season and the season before where we could've got starters out of the game and used garbage time to develop other players and build depth. If we did that the #2 QB position could've been solved before camp even started and Foster might have not been ran into the ground like he was.
Not sure if that is what they meant but I agree. Based on history the only ways for a young player to see significant time on the field, are being a high draft pick at a position of need, injury or being a guy who they really like.

We have no rotation at OLB (Reed and Mercilus are rarely moved out unless injured or garbage time), with Cushing out, it seems like we won't have one at ILB even though Sharpton and Mays both are spotty at coverage duties and before injuries to Schaub, Martin along with our main RBs and Keenum being elevated, Jean and Posey weren't even getting targeted on the field in most cases.

Brice McCain has been horrible but he still gets put out as the nickle corner and in more then a few games is the one who gets targeted.

If I was a front office guy, who brings in talented guys that may or may not get consideration over vets they are better then I'd be frustrated with the coaching too for ignoring guys I thought would help the team for their personal favorites and projects.
Naija Texan is offline   Reply With Quote