Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013   #801
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61508 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Carr, Manziel has been working hard to become a pocket passer. He's tough for a guy his size. He rarely looks to run it when the play breaks down, instead he'll extend the play by avoiding linemen and running to the sidelines waiting for a WR to get open. He will *rarely* run it himself this season. He extends and passes to his 2nd and 3rd options in a way he never would have before.

But yes, he needs to work on it even more, or his stay in the NFL will be an injury ridden short one.
Agreed, Manziel works with private QB coach George Whitfield Jr. The numbers of times Manziel has run this season is down substantially from last year. When he does run it is for a first down or positive yardage. I am bowing out of the drinking conversation as I have to admit I have no idea why Farve and Manziel want to drink a beer. My guess is to relax and have fun like most but that is pure guessing, I've never met or spoke to either.