View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013   #190
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak Collapses at the half

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I don't fully agree with all of this, but it is a fair and reasonable assessment.

I think McNair is more intent on winning that Hervoyel... However, it is undeniable that he prioritizes ethical and moral intangibles and consistency more than many fans would like- and more than many other organizations.

I also agree that Kubiak has a number of limitations as a leader. I think, however, he has some strengths as well and am more optimistic than most about the possibility of winning with him, though it is fair to say that he won't ever become an elite head coach and a game day difference-maker like the great ones.

I am one of the satisfied customers. As a recovering Cowboy fan who was overwhelmed with on field success in the 90s, I find Bob's model refreshing. My last year as a Cowboy fan, in 1995, I experienced how unsatisfying winning can be when Switzer took that team and won a Superbowl with it. After that day, I learned that (for me at least) winning is not that satisfying when you despise the leaders of that which you root for.

You find this idea refreshing where the HC is allowed to coddle his failing coaching staff to the point of failure that looks like a train crash over and over again? It was the whole Frank Bush and Smith debacle with the defense where neither guy should have been hired in the first place and then Gary was forced to have Wade come into the picture after years were wasted. Now we're still dealing with problems like Marciano who Kubes refuses to let go of, a pudgy kicker who can't even get close to the goal posts, and Matt Schaub who Gary refused to bench even after he broke the pick 6 record and his statistics going back to last 4 games of 2012 season were mind boggling bad. How do you still find this kind of approach refreshing from Bob after 8 years of Smithiak? I just can't understand the positive feelings from these constant failures that seem so similar to the ones in the early Kubiak era of the Texans.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote