Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013   #798
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I don't know if Manziel will be come an alcoholic. I do know that Jerry Glanville traded Bret Farve because Glanville said it was Farve's ambition to drink every last beer in the Atlanta area. I also know that Manziel's behavior as a 20 yr old wasn't that much different than mine, although I don't think I would have been late at Manning QB camp but I never won the Heisman trophy. I think Manziel's problems are more related to getting the big head and maturity than it is a drinking problem. The redeeming feature is that he has put it behind, has focused on his priorities and produced better than ever on the football field. So far the evidence is on the side of Johnny Football.
Umm.. not it's not (what evidence?). Not when there's quote's like this from his father. " “He ate Skittles, drank beer and won the Heisman.” So how do we know he isn't do the same thing this year when he performed at a high level last year?

And Brett Farve wasn't drinking to control stress and anger.. he was just a drunk redneck who liked to party. When you stop drinking just to have a good time and start drinking to control your anxieties that's where the problem starts.

The signs are there with Manziel.. Farve's parents weren't holding interviews expressing how worried they were about their son and how everything could unravel and fall apart when he was in college. A lot more is likely to come out during the draft process

Again, the guy could end up being a great talent... who again, I do want in the first round. I'd rather take one of the other QBs who don't bring the extra baggage and question marks with them. When you come to the NFL with baggage.. more often than not that baggage only grows when you don't have administrators and coaches constantly checking up on you making sure you keep your nose clean...you're left alone to deal with your own devices/baggage. It's why Jax's top 5 draft pick WR won't sniff the field next season.