Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013   #794
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Look.. I am a recovering alcoholic. What Manziel's father and mother said about him SCREAMS alcoholic tendencies to me... if he isn't already a alcoholic right now, and if your not worried about it, then you're just ignoring it.

When his parents talk about drinking "to deal with stress or anger issues".. that isn't just some "immature 20 yr old".. that is a huge red flag, its a sign of someone who is self medicating themselves with alcohol.. which is a big problem that shouldn't be ignored.

He's too risky to take in the first round.. especially when we already have another prospect already playing great at the next level and a player that doesn't have the baggage that Manziel has.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I don't know if Manziel will be come an alcoholic. I do know that Jerry Glanville traded Bret Farve because Glanville said it was Farve's ambition to drink every last beer in the Atlanta area. I also know that Manziel's behavior as a 20 yr old wasn't that much different than mine, although I don't think I would have been late at Manning QB camp but I never won the Heisman trophy. I think Manziel's problems are more related to getting the big head and maturity than it is a drinking problem. The redeeming feature is that he has put it behind, has focused on his priorities and produced better than ever on the football field. So far the evidence is on the side of Johnny Football.