Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013   #792
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I have no problem with his off field behavior, he is in a fact a 20 yr old who won the Heisman and afforded many extra curricular activities. I expect immaturity from a 20 yr old hotdog. Once football season started he answered the call better than ever. What would bother me is if he was the last one to get to the office and the first one to leave. What the 2013 college season has shown to this point is that doesn't appear to be a problem.
Look.. I am a recovering alcoholic. What Manziel's father and mother said about him SCREAMS alcoholic tendencies to me... if he isn't already a alcoholic right now, if his own parents (who know him better than anyone on this earth) are worried and you're not, then you're just ignoring it.

When his parents talk about drinking "to deal with stress or anger issues".. that isn't just some "immature 20 yr old".. that is a huge red flag, its a sign of someone who is self medicating themselves with alcohol.. which is a big problem that shouldn't be ignored.

He's too risky to take in the first round.. especially when we already have another young prospect already playing great at the next level and a player that doesn't have the baggage that Manziel has. If you believe Houston needs to take another QB, that's fine.. I'll take another one that doesn't have the question marks that Manziel has.. there's plenty to choose from in this draft.