Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013   #788
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Yes.. every QB gets hurt, but some have a higher chance to get hurt and suffer more injuries than others.

What you said would be like someone saying.. I keep hear about smoking cigarettes, but anybody can get cancer.

The way that Manzeil plays and the way he's built he's susceptible to getting hurt.. he's already getting banged up in the NCAA.. what do you think is going to happen when 300 pound lineman can move faster than the LBers at his level and the LBers can move faster than the safeties playing at his level? At his size, he's going to have to change the way he plays or he isn't going to be able to stay on the field very long. The way Manzeil plays, he's smoking a pack a day.
And this is without even getting into the off the field problem.. which is a HUGE red flag for me.. All we heard about all offseason was how Johnny needs the structure of the daily routine of a football season and I'm sorry, but when your own father comes out and says he quit drinking to set a good example for you.. and he's worried about your drinking and your lifestyle, that speaks volumes to me. I'm worried this kid has alcoholic tendencies and in no way shape or form would I risk a #1 pick on a kid that has those flags surrounding him. We're already seeing it play out in Jacksonville.

Great college player (college, where a lot can be swept under a rug), I don't want him on my NFL team (NFL, where a camera is shoved up your rear 24/7.. especially at the QB position).