View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013   #263
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

I think Martin is less likely to find another team, but don't hold me to that. I haven't been keeping up with the story really.

But I say that because for the most part *******s are generally more accepted in sports than guys that are perceived to be soft.

I have no idea what the ins and outs of this soap opera are, but I wouldn't have thrown my tray down and stormed out of the facility. I really don't know how I'd handle it because I don't see myself getting picked on in that environment. But I have been 'the new guy' in a locker room and only once did someone actually try to do this. This guy named Pete. This big defensive lineman. It never came to physical confrontation, but I verbally let him know I wasn't the one he wanted to try. It ended quickly. Didn't go to any coaches or administrators.

But I realize not everyone deals with conflict the same.

I guess what I'd expect Martin to do at the minimum is be willing to stand up for yourself. You're not in a normal, everyday life situation. You're an nfl offensive linemen. Getting picked on is unacceptable. Doesn't mean you have to haul off and punch a guy because he is trying you. Hell, I don't even have a problem with going to coaches as a method to restrain yourself.

But you can't say this guy is verbally abusing me and picking on me. Unless incognito is some real live gangster that you think is actually capable if killing you, then you have to be able to deal with that in your own for the most part.

I don't know either player. But I hate bullies. I don't have any negative thoughts about Martin as a person. Not everyone is willing to deal with that kind of confrontation. And that cool.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote