View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LonerATO's Mid-Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't think the Oline was any better. Keenum was pressured he just avoided sacks. Think about him with a solid Oline and his mobility. Plus the run blocking needs to improve.
He just avoided sacks = extending plays - pulling in defenders to close gaps & opening windows for WR's especially deep routes. either way a win for the OL.

Run blocking can always improve. Foster is out. Tate is like an old lady crossing the street with broken ribs & best option is Dennis Johnson an undrafted free agent signed off the practice squad two weeks ago. I find it hard to blame it all on the OL when it comes to current state of RB efficiency affairs with Texans...

I saw a lot better edge protection, Brown & Newton both sealed off much better as well as run blocking. The interior is where they had problems. Mostly Wade Smith I believe, although I hate to single anyone out as they play as a unit. I'm sure Quessenberry would be the starting & future LG for the Texans if he was healthy. Next season. Newton feet looked a lot more active the problem he has is that his arms are shorter than ideal, all things being equal/healthy, about the same as Winstons I believe? He should probably be a backup & not a starter which is why they drafted Brennan Williams. He is your prototypical RT, big body, good arm length & movement skills. What sucks for Texans & whoever has played QB were the injurys to these talented players expected to step in early & contribute, which they have not.

Unless the best player available is an OT I doubt Texans will spend a first round pick on this position. I know I wouldn't & I'm a big fan of drafting OL early!

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote