View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013   #97
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre's Recent TD Success - Opinions Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I've been a big supporter of the idea that maybe Kubiak was handcuffing Schaub, but this admission from AJ completely opened my eyes. Schaub is limiting this offense, not Kubiak...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I've argued until I'm blue in the face (which is a really tough transition) that Schaub has been the guy making the reads and deciding where he felt he could be safest with the ball. It's hardly ever the play-calling. It's the decision and actions of the guy with the ball in his hand after the snap that makes the difference...
Agree, it's been Schaub all along. He checks down short by nature, which shortens the field for the defense, and he can't extend a play with his legs.

Case in point, look at what Alex Smith has done to Dwayne Bowe. Alex Smith's conservative decisions have turned Bowe into a ghost. (3-time 1000 yard WR who had a 15 TDs just three years ago). Bowe is no AJ and one could argue Smith>Schaub today, but it's the same dynamic. Michael Crabtree was a "bust" until Kaepernick got the nod.

Game management is nice. But you need something more dynamic to contend for it all. I'm not sure if Case is the answer... but his play has shown us what "the answer" should look like. And it just doesn't look like Matt Schaub.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote