View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013   #93
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Dre's Recent TD Success - Opinions Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
I know many agree. I think it's an attempt to control the clock and keep the ball out of the other teams hands, but when that conservative play calling ("turtling" as I've read in this forum) too often results in 3 and outs, you'd think after a few losses like that, it would become evident that maybe we just keep playing to our strengths rather than worry about what the other team might do. Given the apparent resurgence of an offensive pulse and our questions on defense, I'm praying they figure it out and start playing to our strengths rather than this ball control philosophy. The same oatmeal for years has gotten old.
It's only ball control offense when you can steadily convert on 3rd down. The Colts with Payton Manning were an example of playing to their strengths. At times people complained about them running up the score and passing in the 4th quarter, but that's what they were able to do. Rather than run the ball ineffectively and punt the ball, they decided to play to their strengths. Without the running game that the Texans had back in 2011, they really need to consider whether they're trying to control the clock or just turtling.