View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013   #92
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre's Recent TD Success - Opinions Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
With the new rules , I think the teams who play a wide open passing game and counter punch with the run are best . I think that's one of the Texans downfalls is playing like a lead is safe . That and missed FGs , pick 6s , elbows to the back of the head , hitting the QB out of bounds , and so on .

I know many agree. I think it's an attempt to control the clock and keep the ball out of the other teams hands, but when that conservative play calling ("turtling" as I've read in this forum) too often results in 3 and outs, you'd think after a few losses like that, it would become evident that maybe we just keep playing to our strengths rather than worry about what the other team might do. Given the apparent resurgence of an offensive pulse and our questions on defense, I'm praying they figure it out and start playing to our strengths rather than this ball control philosophy. The same oatmeal for years has gotten old.