View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013   #182
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Beverly was a 300 lb G/C for Detroit he was 300 lb Blocking TE for Atlanta always lining up outside shoulder of the LT or RT.
The point was he was an extra OLmen lined up at TE. He wasn't really a TE. Tons of teams including the Texans throw an extra OLmen out there lined up at TE at times but it is spot duty not the base offense.

Quote:
Just because Carswell was there doesn't mean that Gibbs didn't use him as his Blocking TE which is exactly what he did.
Didn't say he wasn't a blocking TE - in fact acknowledged that was exactly what he was. The point of him already being there was that he wasn't someone Gibbs brought in to implement his system.

Quote:
Leach has been replaced by Vickers and Jones. Dreessen's quality and value has never really been replaced.
Leach to Vickers = -.5 ypc. Dreessen there both seasons.
Vickers & Dreessen (plus Briesel and Winston) to Casey = -.4 ypc.
Casey to Jones = +.5 ypc.

I think the evidence points to the FB being a bigger factor along with the departure of Briesel and Winston. That would also be what my eyes told me.