Thread: First Mock2014
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Mock2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
My opinion is Shelton is not a penetrator but can clog middle, 30 tackles. I prefer Carrethers almost identical height/weight but has 3.5 sacks to 1 for Shelton and 63 tackles. Both are ranked about same with Shelton a junior 21 YOA and Carrethers a RSR at 23 (Feb 2014).

Interesting personal accounts on Shelton: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/0...hallenges.html

http://seattletimes.com/html/highsch..._4aspsl01.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I agree with badboy. Take Carrerthers over Shelton early 4th but not high 3rd.
I think they are much the same player at this point , both can clog the middle.

One of the reasons I take Shelton over Carrerthers is the difference in age , one being a 21 year old Jr , the other being a 23 year old Sr with a redshirt year. I think Shelton has greater potential for improvement ....

Shelton has been significantly more active against the run too .... and that's a need for this defense , stopping the run.

As long as he collapses the pocket from the middle rather than getting stonewalled and allowing the tackles to push outside rushers around the outside , he's doing his job. When the pocket collapses up front the tackles cant simply route defenders out the back door and the QB cant simply step up or sidestep pressure. This helps the outside guy's get home.

I don't think I'd complain about getting either of them , Shelton in the 3rd or Carrerthers in the 4th. Hell , both may improve their draft position between now and then.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote