View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013   #439
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Truthfully, those I know and have been around at the games don't. We have our own team who's up one week and down the next, so Texans jokes would be a bit silly. I was at a game earlier this year, and when we saw the scores around the league where Texans were behind, a guy behind me had a look of disbelief as he said , damn the Texans are losing?

I think many Texans fans would be surprised that most Cowboys fans are supportive, and usually those who aren't live in the Houston area and have personal accounts of Texans fans animosity. On the other hand, fans from New Jersey, Arizona or Oklahoma, etc. are clueless. Imagine the disbelief Chris Christie would have if he saw a Texans fans jumping up from nowhere, shouting, Cowboys suck!
Just about every Cowboys fan that I know in real life roots for the Texans as their second team. They tell me "it's a Texas thing". Even my friends living in Dallas feel this way.

But, most Houston pro football fans I know dislike/hate the Cowboys, often going back generations.

Weird part is that it could have been the Houston Cowboys if not for Bud Adams blocking the use of Rice Stadium by the NFL in 1960. Go figure.