View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013   #179
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak Collapses at the half

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I wish we could leave this thread for discussing his health and wishing him well. There are plenty of other threads out there to discuss his coaching.

I also wish people flashing there soap avatars would stay out of this thread out of respect for Kubiak the man. No matter what you think of him as a coach, by all accounts he is a good and decent man.
Quoting myself in shame. Made a grammar error I hate.

**their soap avatars**

But seriously folks who can't let it go, take it elsewhere please.

Back on topic

Quote:
Three days after coach Gary Kubiak collapsed on the Reliant Stadium turf and a few hours after the team named defensive coordinator Wade Phillips the interim coach, the Houston Chronicle reports that, barring any setbacks, Kubiak will return for the Week 11 contest vs. the Raiders.

That obviously would be great news for Kubiak, who reportedly suffered a mini-stroke during halftime of last week's Colts game and had to be rushed to the hospital.

He was released from the hospital Tuesday and released this statement:

I want to thank my family, the McNair family, the Texans organization, the doctors and staff at Houston Methodist and the entire Houston community for all the love and support we have received over the past three days. I've been through an ordeal and my focus now is to get back to good health. Doctors have told me I will make a full recovery but we have not determined when I will be cleared to return to the office. Again, thank you for the support and concern.
I wish him the best.

link