Thread: Tajh Boyd
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013   #74
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tajh Boyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
We can differ on our takes, but by your own standard; ie. you want a franchise QB, Geno Smith isn't one; even the Jets coaching staff said so.
There's an article somewhere on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Here's the article, you can read for yourself:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...o_develop.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
I'm not comparing the two, but Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs his rookie year. Just because there are a lot of rookie QBs finding success early on as of late doesn't mean we should condemn the ones who don't just blow up from the get-go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
He also threw 26 touchdowns. They basically have the same INT per attempt %, but Smith has 2.9% TDs per attempt while Peyton had 4.5%. This is also 15 years ago when the rules were not as slanted toward the offense.
You know how it takes a new OC with a new Offensive system 2 years to fully implement and completely install the new offense? Kind of like how it took Alex Gibbs 2 years to install his ZBS and how it took the OL 2 years to completely understand and learn Gibb's system. That's the same reason you need to give a rookie QB 30 NFL starts (2 years) before you really know just how good or bad that rookie QB is going to be. Geno Smith has 8 starts as an NFL QB. I will venture to say he will be better after 30 starts. How much better? I don't know. That's why you have to give them at least 30 starts.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote