View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013   #79
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre's Recent TD Success - Opinions Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think something that will help AJ get in the HOF will in fact be that he'll be the first Houston Texan worthy of inclusion. There won't be anybody from this team in the HOF before AJ and possibly no one for a good long time after AJ. He'll get additional consideration simply because he's the first Texan to merit it.

I know that doesn't make a ton of sense to some people but I think it will be a factor among the people casting ballots. They'll look at him, consider him worthy (if not necessarily a first ballot guy) and then take into account the team he played for (and who threw to him during those years) and then give him the nod. Call it the sympathy vote if you want but that will put him first ballot.
I'm a bit more optimistic about AJ's chances after reading your's and 'cak's perspectives. The HoF acts like off-the-field does not make a difference, but voters are human and obviously the take into account big picture stuff.

I think his consistently elite talent and work ethic in the face of an expansion franchise and not-elite QBs for his whole career, along with his body of work and obviously great reputation could combine to get him in quicker, and maybe even leap frog over some of the other receivers on the list.