View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013   #38
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texian's Mid Season Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
And for every jay Ratliff there are dozens and dozens of earl Mitchell's. Sorry but with all of wades knowledge and expertise he was wrong on this one. He was betting on Mitchell being able to have a Jay Ratliff effect. It hasn't happened.

Actually I don't care what size the guy is. I just want anyone that can push the pocket, comand double teams and keep our LBs clean. What I have found in my almost 40 years of research is that it's easier to find bigger guys (320 plus) that can do that than smallish (for nt ) guys. Look up every top 5 3/4 defense there has ever been and Ill bet you anything that there are twice as many 320 plus guys manning the NT position as sub 320 guys.

Again I'm not nor never have suggested finding an untalented big fat guy to throw in there.
The reason Wade went with Mitchell instead of Ratliff is because Ratliff is a Cowboy not a Texan.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote