View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013   #49
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Wrong wrong wrong.

Schaubs actual salary has nothing to do with his cap hit should he be cut.

The guaranteed $$$ is all that counts against the cap if you cut him. Any money that isn't guaranteed is no longer owed / counted against the cap.

Schaub's deal was $62m over 4 years with $24.75 guaranteed. They will be on the hook for whatever hasn't been paid of that $24.75m which is reportedly about $15m.
You can throw out the salary & roster bonus completely as its only paid if he is on the roster.

Should they cut him and designate him as a June 1 cut , they can spread that over the remaining $15m in guaranteed money over the next two seasons.
Hehe - actually you agreed with my post but your numbers are off. His salary does matter if he isn't released. Hence the 14.5 cap hit. If he is released, the remainder of his bonus is due which is 10.5. That means there's a 4 million cap savings if he's cut vs if he's on the roster.

I wouldn't designate Schaub a June 1st cut. All that does is push 7.5 million to 2015 when a certain Mr Watt will be getting a new contract. I'd absorb the 10.5 in 2014.