View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013   #80
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster

I think what a lot of people are interpreting as a bad attitude and laziness in Foster is simply frustration. When running backs get the kind of carries he's had they start to break down but it's not like they suddenly feel like they're less capable or more fragile. Foster had high hopes for this season and set the bar way up there. He started working in camp and his body didn't cooperate.

He's probably as surprised as anyone that he can't stay on the field and that when he does he isn't getting the results he expected. I bet it's pissing him off too. Will rest bring him back to where he was or even close? I don't know. Maybe? Usually when you run one of these guys into the ground you don't get them back the same way ever again but a few of them do recover. Foster's not a real banger who takes a lot of hits and deals out punishment to those who try to tackle him so maybe he just needs to give it a rest and come back at it in a few weeks. I think putting him on IR would be a mistake personally. Sure, the rest would help but I think he needs to be out there playing with Keenum before the season ends and getting involved in the slightly different chemistry we have going on now that Case is starting. Foster's safety-valve catches are going to result in long gains if Case continues to keep teams focused on stopping the deep ball. We need Foster and/or another back like him. Tate's a talented back but he's not got Arian's elusiveness and vision. Arian Foster has been the perfect back for this system. Very nearly a Terrell Davis quality piece to this system.

Times like these I want to strangle Cierre Wood for screwing this opportunity up. He'd be vaulting Ben Tate right now if he could follow the damn rules.