Originally Posted by Corrosion
Alright , after last nights game against the Dolts , I'm sold on Keenum at least for the duration of this season. With that in mind , I'm taking QB off the top of the list (for now).
1) FSU OT Cameron Erving - Big , Fast , Nasty. Clemson's Vic Beasley was shut down by Erving. Beasley came into the game leading the nation in sacks.
Erving has the foot speed to block at the second level. Good fit for this scheme. (Im assuming Matthews and Lewan are gone)
2) FSU ILB Christian Jones. - He may go earlier but most sources have him rated as a second round selection now. Cushing needs some help inside. Jones is a dynamic ILB. If he's gone Tennessee's AJ Johnson and UConn's Yawin Smallwood are in the conversation.
3) Washington NT Danny Shelton 6'1" 330 .... finally a tree stump in the middle that can get some push.
4) North Carolina FS Tre Boston - Ed Reed is stealing right now , he wont be back. Depth on the back end will be important.
5) Georgia TE Arthur Lynch - OD costs too much. Lynch is a strong blocker and reliable pass catcher.
6) Notre Dame CB Bennett Jackson - You can never have enough corners.
7) West Texas A&M DE/OLB Ethan Westbrooks - Classic tweener pass rush project.
I'm not familiar with the 6th and 7th round guys but there's alot of talent in those first 5 picks. I like this mock and would have no problem if our draft went down like this.
Is Shelton quick enough to get penetration in our 1 gap system?