View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #37
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58086 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texian's Mid Season Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Pardon me if I go Wade's knowledge and expertise here with NTs over your summation and expectations. What I have found in my 20+ years of research is very few 320lb + NT can play well in the NFL and most who get drafted maybe only play 300-400 snaps of a 1000 snap season. For every Wilfork or Ngata there are dozens and dozens of 320 + lb NT drafted who end up being much less effective than 1 gap penetrating DT.
And for every jay Ratliff there are dozens and dozens of earl Mitchell's. Sorry but with all of wades knowledge and expertise he was wrong on this one. He was betting on Mitchell being able to have a Jay Ratliff effect. It hasn't happened.

Actually I don't care what size the guy is. I just want anyone that can push the pocket, comand double teams and keep our LBs clean. What I have found in my almost 40 years of research is that it's easier to find bigger guys (320 plus) that can do that than smallish (for nt ) guys. Look up every top 5 3/4 defense there has ever been and Ill bet you anything that there are twice as many 320 plus guys manning the NT position as sub 320 guys.

Again I'm not nor never have suggested finding an untalented big fat guy to throw in there.