View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #195
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why aren't we trying to find a kicker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Vinny has made an excellent point on this several times. You aren't going to get the players to tank. Their body of work and resume is film. They are staring at losing millions of dollars or being out of the league for putting in a half assed performance.
You are making a solid point that I can agree with, but that isn't completely correct. We've seen teams tank practically every season. It's not really that they're just tanking in the sense that they want a better draft pick, but the players end up giving up on trying to make the playoffs and going all out in every game. They lose their motivation to play balls to the wall. Hell, we just witnessed it against the Rams a few weeks ago. The Texans team totally gave up on that game and hundreds of fans all over this city noticed it. The players had no faith or confidence in TJ Yates and were just going through the motions. The very next week when Keenum came in you saw a completely different team. The players felt revived again and actually felt that spark to go all out. I'm not saying every single player did this, but I think you get my point.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote